Your privacy is important to the Trail Conference. This statement discloses the information practices for this website, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
To be very clear: The Trail Conference does not sell or trade the names or contact information of its members. Your contact information will only be used for communication between the Trail Conference and you.
In general all the information gathered on our website is anonymous and we will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide us with such information by filling out forms on the site.
If you use the search box, information about what search terms are used is recorded. Only lists of words and counts are recorded without any tracking as to who did the query.
The anonymous statistical information gathered by the server, hit counters and search mechanism is only used to improve the site by noticing which areas are actually used heavily and might warrant improvement.
If you contact us by postal mail, telephone, or electronically, via an on-line form, the material you submit may be seen by various staff or office volunteers. In limited circumstances, including requests from courts or private individuals, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit. (Freedom of Information Act)
The Trail Conference makes heavy use of email to keep postage costs down and get timely information out quickly. We strive to keep the frequency down and relevance high by focusing on selective groups. We urge you to sign up or stay on as many email lists as you find useful.Suggestions for additional or removal of lists as well as content you would like to get via email are welcome.
E-mail addresses and phone numbers will not be released to any organization outside the Trail Conference and in general will only be used for communication with you or others that you explicitly permit, e.g. general news mailings to members.
Cookies & Java Script
Both cookies and Java script are used by the site to give a better user experience. Some things may not work properly if they are turned off.
While few pages of this site are directed towards children, we are committed to comply with applicable laws and requirements, such as the United States' Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Specifically:
- You may Contact operator of the website for resolution of problems.
- No information is requested from children under 13, nor is any attempt made to ascertain the age of such respondents. Such requests may be made incidentally and children may fill out forms that reveal private information. Children are encouraged to read the information on the website and to respond via forms or email if appropriate. They should not give out any private information about themselves other than that necessary to respond to them.
- Any private information collected will be kept internally or discarded and not given to third parties. It will only be used to respond to requests.
- Parents may request that we delete any information submitted by their children.
- Copy of FCC Child Protection Policy Rules